MIT Legatum Center & Clayton Christensen Institute Market Creating Innovation Bootcamp 2022 – Nigeria
Deadline: April 1, 2022
Applications are invited for the MIT Legatum Center & Clayton Christensen Institute Market Creating Innovation Bootcamp 2022 – Nigeria. Launched in early 2021, the Market-Creating Innovation (MCI) Bootcamp is an eight-session curriculum designed to empower emerging market innovators with principles and frameworks necessary to create new markets that make products affordable.
The bootcamp curriculum is anchored around the principles outlined in The Prosperity Paradox: How Innovation Can Lift Nations Out of Poverty, written by the late Harvard Business School professor Clayton M. Christensen.
Bootcamps will be hosted in multiple countries across Africa and will take place virtually until it is safe to host them in person. The bootcamp is designed to be dynamic and practical and is best suited for early-stage entrepreneurs who are in the process of piloting or refining an idea that seeks to solve a problem for a majority of people in a region.
- Course: Participants will benefit from engaging sessions that fundamentally change how they think about innovation.
- Community: Participants will join a unique and growing community of people (investors, entrepreneurs, and policymakers) committed to building market-creating innovations in emerging economies.
- Coaching: Participants will gain access to some of the most reputable and forward-thinking innovators and investors committed to emerging economies.
- Certification: Participants will get a Market-Creating Innovation Bootcamp Certificate of Completion after the program is completed.
- Access to Capital: Upon completion of the Bootcamp, participants will have an opportunity to create an investment pitch deck that may be shared with a select group of investors committed to investing in emerging market-focused innovations.
- The cost of participation is $1,999, however, through a generous grant from the Mastercard Foundation, the Bootcamp will be free for all participants accepted into the program. If selected, it is expected that participants can fulfill the time requirements and will complete the full Bootcamp.
- The Bootcamp is best suited for early-stage entrepreneurs who are in the process of piloting or refining an idea that seeks to solve a problem for a majority of people in a region.
- They encourage founders to apply.
- Participants must have, or plan to have, ventures in one or more of the seven partner countries.
- Market-creating innovation principles can be applied to any industry or sector and entrepreneurs from all sectors are welcome to apply.
- The Bootcamp will be conducted in English. Participants will need to be comfortable reading and speaking English.
The Bootcamp will hold from April 25th – 28th, 2022. Application deadline is April 1, 2022.
For more information, visit MCI Bootcamp.