Wontanara-Ashoka Joint Program 2022 for Young Social Entrepreneurs in Burundi, DRC and Rwanda (€1,360 grant)
Deadline: April 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Wontanara-Ashoka Joint Program 2022 for Young Social Entrepreneurs. In 2022, Wontanara aims at supporting young social entrepreneurs in Kenya, DRC, Rwanda and Burundi. For this purpose, they have partnered with Ashoka, the global social entrepreneurship expert.
Ashoka will reach out to candidates and select six of them to participate in its Young Changemaker program. This means these six young social entrepreneurs will benefit from a six months long tailor-made mentoring program: from May to October 2022, they will be provided with the tools, resources, network to help them scale their innovations and grow in confidence as changemakers.
- At the end of the journey, Fellows will be invited to showcase their project to the Ashoka Africa Conference on Social Entrepreneurship, benefit from an additional €1,360 grant and initiate a post-changemaker engagement journey within the Ashoka network.
- Open to any young social entrepreneur in DRC, Rwanda or Burundi
- Be aged from 18 to 35 years old.
The selection criteria are:
- Owning the original idea;
- Changemaker quality;
- Creativity and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Social impact; and
- Ethical fibre.
Fill in the short questionnaire and submit it by April 15. If selected, you will be asked to submit a short video presentation of your project at the start of the Young Changemaker journey + another after completion.
The form is available in two languages:
For more information, visit Wontanara-Ashoka Program.