Deadline: April 25, 2022
Applications are open for the Google Podcast Creator Accelerator Program 2022. The Google Podcast Creator Program is a free multi-week podcast accelerator program that provides indie podcasters from around the world with the creative development and business strategies their podcasts need to level up.
From June through December 2022, PRX will select and lead 6 teams through a rigorous training curriculum–starting with an in-person intensive, 16 weeks of training and mentorship, four weeks of independent processing, and a final in-person showcase celebration.
Selected teams will receive
- 20 weeks of podcast training focused on concept development, audience growth, and long-term sustainability that will be bookended by in-person gatherings
- Access to a network of industry experts, mentors, program alumni, and guest speakers
- 1-on-1 mentorship and feedback on all aspects of their production
- $15,000 stipend to offset production and operational expenses
- Reimbursement for travel-related expenses, if applicable
- Applicants that have already been producing media and podcasts for at least 3 years. Specifically, creators looking to take a current podcast past creative development and into business strategy;
- Must be able to demonstrate success and enthusiasm with current or past podcast(s) either through audience retention and growth, conceptual rigor, diversification of podcast offerings, revenue and/ or partnerships;
- Must be willing to pause production during the program;
- Represent a range of geographies, backgrounds, views, voices, and styles;
- Teams with baseline technical and editorial skills;
- Are interested in making their podcast sustainable through teamwork, openness to iteration and change, and pursuing revenue and audience growth.
If you would prefer to work on your application offline with your team, they’ve provided a plain-text version of the application in Google Docs, which you can copy. Keep in mind that you will still need to submit your application through the Submittable form.
For more information, visit GPCP.