One Young World/Novartis Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14 ($50,000 grant)
Deadline: April 13, 2022
Applications are open for the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 14. This Challenge seeks to support solutions that utilize novel technologies to reduce marine pollution, enhance water quality, and promote biodiversity and sustainability of our natural marine ecosystems.
The challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that address at least one of the following:
- Reduce marine pollution.
- Restore and/or improve water quality.
- Restore and/or promote biodiversity of the marine ecosystem.
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022
- A US$50,000 grant from Novartis
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Novartis professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Solutions must be evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 14 supported by Novartis.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable. Solutions that have the option to quantify plastic credits are preferable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
Applications will close on April 13, 2022. Shortlisted candidates confirmed and invited to submit second round application on April 19, 2022.
For more information, visit Lead2030.