Deadline: Varies by Country
Applications for the ClimateLaunchpad: The Green Business Ideas Competition 2022 are now open. ClimateLaunchpad is the world’s largest green business ideas competition. The competition is your ticket to global success. Provided you have a green business idea and have what it takes to become an entrepreneur.
Innovation and invention can lead the way to a clean future. That’s why they create a stage for the people who have great cleantech ideas and help them develop those ideas into startups making global impact. ClimateLaunchpad is part of the Entrepreneurship offerings of Climate-KIC.
These themes will be the pitching streams for the teams at the Regional Finals and the Global Grand Final.
The themes are:
- Adaptation and Resilience
- Circular Economies
- Urban Solutions
- Clean Energy
- Sustainable Mobility
- Food Systems
- Blue Economy
- The Next Big Thing
- The overall winner of the Global Grand Final receives €10,000, the runner up gets €5,000 and the idea that comes in third place wins €2,500.
- The top 16 teams selected by the jury in the semi-finals to perform in the final round of the Global Grand Final, will automatically get direct access to the Climate-KIC ClimateLaunchpad Accelerator.
- Anyone with a promising cleantech idea who dreams of becoming an entrepreneur should join.
- You can be a new start-up, SME, researcher, student, public organisation, consultant, engineer, a combination of the above or something that doesn’t fit a job title. Don’t worry if you don’t have a business plan quite ready. They will help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.
- You can only submit your application in your own country.
You can only apply in your own country and you can only enter if:
- You have not yet started a business or your company has been incorporated for less than a year (definition: your legal entity does not exist for more than 1 year);
- Your new venture has attracted less than €200,000 in total funding (this includes all funding, like grants, government loans, angel and/or VC investments, et cetera)
- You have not yet sold products, solutions or prototypes on commercial terms.
How the Competition Works
Once you’re accepted to join the competition, the games begin:
- Step 1: Boot Camp: The top teams chosen by their National leads take part in the ClimateLaunchpad National program which kicks off with a multi-day digital Boot Camp. Their trainers will teach you all you need to know about jump-starting your business.
- Step 2: Intensive coaching and National Finals: The Boot Camp is followed by a period of intensive coaching. You’ll perfect your pitch, value proposition and business model. After that, you’re ready to rock your National Final where you’ll pitch digitally for a National Jury.
- Step 3: Regional Finals: The top teams of each country go to the Regional Finals where they pitch in front of the region’s best and brightest. The crème de la crème are chosen to compete in the digital Global Grand Final.
- Step 4: Global Grand Final: The best teams in the world pitch against each other on the international stage.
You can only enter ClimateLaunchpad in your own country. Apply by filling out the application form for which you’ll answer questions like what problem you are solving and what climate impact you expect to make. No need for a business plan just yet. They will help you strengthen your plan or teach you how to create one.