UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award 2022
Deadline: July 31, 2022
Nominations are open for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award 2022. The UN-Habitat, the United Nations agency focusing on sustainable urbanization, is calling for nominations for its prestigious Scroll of Honour award.
The UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award was launched in 1989 and is one of the most prestigious human settlements award in the world. It aims to acknowledge initiatives which have made outstanding contributions in the field of human settlements, provision of housing, highlighting the plight of people living in poverty or who have been displaced, developing and improving human settlements and the quality of urban life to leave no one behind echoing the Sustainable Development Goals 2030 with emphasis on Goal 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities.
- Up to five winners will be selected and presented with their awards at the Global Observance of World Habitat Day on Monday 3 October 2022.
Individuals and organizations working on sustainable urban projects which have had great impact in society, can be nominated for the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour.
- Government and inter-governmental organizations or agencies, including bilateral aid agencies
- Local and Regional Governments or their associations
- Civil society organizations
- The private sector
- Architectural bureaus, design companies
- Individual architects or designers
- Real estate developers or construction businesses
- National Habitat Committees or focal points
- Research and academic institutions
- Public or private foundations
- Multilateral agencies (United Nations Agencies, World Bank, etc.)
- The media
- In picking the award winners, the Selection Committee will look at best practices, initiatives and innovative solutions related to Sustainable Development Goal 11 and the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In addition, attention will be given to initiatives and practices that help cities and local governments reduce inequalities and contribute to the achievement of the sustainable goals, related to the World Habitat Day theme Mind the gap and Leave no one and no place behind.
The closing date is July 31, 2022. The UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour nominees will be notified from August 16, 2022 onwards on the outcome of the selection.
For more information, visit UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour Award.