Deadline: May 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Bill H. James Foundation Scholarship Fund 2022. At The Bill H. James Foundation, they believe in supporting aspiring African American engineering students. Throughout the years, they have developed and maintained relationships that have showed them the incredible value that education holds.
Their awards aim to impact the lives of deserving students throughout the state of California. The undergraduate and graduate scholarships are one of a kind, and have continuously changed the lives of those who have benefited from the support. The Foundation stays in close contact with all the recipients of their scholarship, and have seen unbelievable success stories that have come from these fine individuals.
- Scholarships will be awarded annually. Award amounts may vary annually.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen;
- Must be African American/Black (non-Hispanic);
- Undergraduate students must be entering their Junior or Senior year of study during the 2022-2023 academic year and must carry a minimum of 12 units per semester/quarter;
- Graduate students must have a minimum of two academic semesters or one year left complete his/her Master’s degree during the 2022-2023 academic year and must carry a minimum of 8 units per semester/quarter;
- Must have a minimum of 3.2 GPA;
- Must be pursuing a degree or course of study in an engineering program at an accredited four-year college or university in the state of California.
- Fill in and submit the Scholarship Application form
- All supporting documentation must be typed and submitted into a single PDF document
- A copy of one signed reference letter from a college professor or employer on official letterhead
- A copy of unofficial transcripts from your college/university. If not currently enrolled, upload an acceptance letter.
- A headshot photo
- A current resume
- A one to two page essay (double spaced) outlining an engineering project that you would want to develop in the future. Explain how increasing diversity within the engineering profession would improve your project. Demonstrate how your academic potential and leadership would help achieve this project.
- If you submit ONLY the application form your application will NOT be considered.
- Before submitting, ensure all application documents (reference letter, unofficial transcripts or acceptance letter, headshot photo, resume, essay) are combined and saved into ONE PDF
For more information, visit Bill H. James Foundation.