ReelSkills for Agribusiness (R4A) Program 2022 for Young Nigerians (Cohort 2)
Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are open for the ReelSkills for Agribusiness (R4A) Program 2022. The ReelSkills for Agribusiness (R4A) is a training and job-matching program designed to equip young people with real technical and soft skills demanded by SMEs within the Agri-processing sector in Nigeria.
The program will go beyond equipping young people with these relevant skills to connecting them with decent jobs within the Agri-processing sector. Over 3 years, 1000 youths (60% women) will pass through the training program and at least 800 of these will be matched to worthwhile jobs. The target beneficiaries are 18 – 35-year-olds with minimal work experience.
This program is funded by the Netherlands Government under the Challenge Fund for Youth Employment (CFYE) program.
Candidates can choose between two pathways:
- Food Processing (courses include Food Safety & NAFDAC requirements)
- Digital Sales & Marketing (courses include Customer Service & Social Selling)
- The participants would not be required to pay any amount or cover any cost whatsoever as the program is entirely free.
- Applicant is a young person between 18-35 years.
- Is unemployed or self-employed;
- Has a minimum of SSCE qualification for the Processing track and OND qualification for the Digital Sales & Marketing track;
- Is not a student;
- Has 5 week days to dedicate to the training at Yaba, Lagos;
- Lives in Lagos, or its environs;
- Is interested in starting a career in the agri-processing sector.
The training will be conducted in batches, and candidates will be recruited on an ongoing basis for each one. While there are no strict application deadlines, please note that a candidate may be assigned to the next cohort once they have reached the maximum class size for a batch.
For more information, visit ReelSkills.