Deadline: June 6, 2022
Applications are open for the GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize 2022. The GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition is back to support food warriors who are fighting to transform Africa’s food system. Are you ready to thrive as an agrifood entrepreneur? Then power up your inspiration.
GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize is a fantastic opportunity for young African agripreneurs to take their business venture to the next level. In addition to the US$50,000, the competition also offers top agripreneurs the opportunity to attend the annual African Green Revolution Forum (AGRF) and make their mark. This year, COVID restrictions permitting, the top Gogettaz agripreneurs will travel to the AGRF Summit which is being held in Kigali, Rwanda. All the finalists will also receive mentorship, programming linkages and guidance to continue their entrepreneurial journey.
- Two entrepreneurs, one woman, and one man will each win $50,000 Dollars for the most innovative and scalable business ventures.
- Entrepreneur is aged 35 or below on the date of submission to the competition, and is legally recognised as an adult in country of nationality;
- Entrepreneur holds nationality (with an official ID) from a country which is a member of the African Union;
- Entrepreneur is the founder/co-founder of the venture he/she represents in the competition and plays an active role in its operations and leadership;
- Entrepreneur has no criminal record related to corruption, tax evasion, financial impropriety, felony or other offence, and will provide a signed declaration to that effect, if requested.
- Venture is already legally registered in a country which is a member of the African Union or will have commenced with the registration of such a legal entity prior to July 1, 2022;
- Venture is headquartered in a country which is a member of the African Union;
- Venture is designed to be financially sustainable, either as a for-profit business or a non-profit generating some revenue and aiming not to be dependent on donor funding;
- Venture plays a role in the agri-food sector and/or supports the development of the agri-food sector through an innovation or process improvement;
- The agri-food sector may be defined as businesses including:
- Agri-food research & development
- Primary food production (farming)
- Crop nutrition
- Mechanisation, automation or robotics, including drones
- Crop protection
- Hydroponics or urban farming
- Transport, distribution, storage or logistics
- Food processing
- Packaging or marketing
- Food retail or service
- Waste management or recycling
- Digital or technology solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Innovative finance solutions/services to the agri-food sector
- Renewable energy or environmental solutions/services to the agri-food sector
An expert jury will review all applications, considering the following criteria:
- Innovation (20%)
- Market potential and traction (20%)
- Social and Environmental Impact (20%)
- Business model (20%)
- Founder and team (20%)
The application includes questions such as:
- “Give an example of your entrepreneurial mindset.”
- “How does your venture make money?”
- “Who are your main customers?”
- “Who are your main competitors?”
- “What are your biggest business challenges so far and how have you overcome them?”
Applicants must fill out each section of the application to be considered. Be sure to allow enough time to complete all sections.
Applicants that make it through the initial round will be asked to submit a three-minute pitch video, where you can really impress the judges and show them why you deserve to go into the 2022 GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize Competition finals.
For more information, visit GoGettaz Agripreneur Prize.