Future Game Changers in Science & Technology Challenge 2022 (€10,000 prize)
Deadline: May 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Future Game Changers in Science & Technology Challenge 2022. This is an open innovation challenge for individuals with an interest in game changers in Science and Technology.
We have recently seen amazing breakthroughs in science & technology that have or will catalyze amazing progress and can be considered game-changing for many years to come such as e.g. CRISPR/CAS gene editing, mRNA vaccines, or Quantum Supremacy.
What do you think is the next big thing in science & technology, still not widely known, still not in each newsletter, still not in everybody’s mind, but promising, opening new avenues for progress with amazing potential for humanity? Submit your thoughts on what is a “Future Game Changer” now and win 10,000 EUR.
- Merck awards a EUR 10,000 prize to the winning proposal based on the criteria novelty of proposed game changer (vs. what is already widely discussed in the media), potential technological impact, fit to Merck, quality of presentation. The best team wins 10 000 EUR and the chance to present their work to Merck’s scientists.
- Open to all individuals who are interested in engaging with Merck on the topic.
- This competition is not open to Health Care Professionals nor may participants be employed at a Health Care Organization.
- Novelty of proposed game changer (vs. what is already widely discussed in the media)
- Potential technological impact
- Fit to Merck
- Quality of presentation
Stage 1 is for submitting concepts:
- A non-confidential description of your idea.
- Short comments on how your submission fulfills the judging criteria.
Stage 2: They will invite selected participants to a workshop (up to 10).
- You present your idea to the scientists at Merck and the other participants of the challenge who were selected for this round.
- They will evaluate all presentations subject to the terms and conditions of the challenge and the criteria.
For more information, visit Future Game Changers.