Deadline: Rolling Basis
Applications are open for the Eyebeam Center for the Future of Journalism (ECFJ) Grant 2022. The Eyebeam Center for the Future of Journalism (ECFJ) is a grant-making program that supports artists producing innovative and revelatory journalistic work for major media outlets.
The funds distributed to artists will assist with research, travel, and other expenses many media outlets struggle to cover, allowing stories that are often out of reach in today’s climate to be produced. And, in an effort to be responsive to an ever-fluctuating news cycle, artists will be able to apply to ECFJ for support of their work on a rolling basis. Artists with longer-term, research-intensive projects are also encouraged to apply.
- Grant support will range from $500 to $5,000.
- Individuals and collectives can apply. Collectives must have work samples that reflect a history of working together.
- International applicants are welcome.
- Applicants must have an existing commission letter from an editor.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
- At this stage of the program, all applications must be in English.
ECFJ is a grant-making program that financially supports artists producing innovative journalistic work for major media outlets. Artists applying must have demonstrated track record of working with major media outlets.
Artists creating work with a focus on the following issues are encouraged to apply:
- Data privacy
- 2018/2020 elections
- Role of technology in society
- Political influence campaigns
- Interrogating harmful technologies
- Countering disinformation
- Artificial Intelligence
Each applicant must provide:
- 300-word project description
- Assignment letter from editor
- A reference contact or letter of support
- Two samples of past work
- Detailed budget of expenses (travel costs, per diem and research costs are acceptable)
For more information, visit ECFJ Grant.