Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy 2022 for Young Nigerians
Deadline: June 2, 2022
Applications are invited for the Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy 2022. The Academy is a one-year Fellowship programme initiated by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Olusola Sanwo-Olu that will offer life changing, non-partisan and meritocratic opportunities to young Nigerians who desire to impact their generation.
They aim to develop future leaders by equipping them with the requisite skills to positively influence the public service and instill in them the ethics and values of purposeful leadership through direct mentoring and on-the-job training.
Fellows will take part in at least one international policy trip to nations that have moved from third world to first world like Singapore, Beijing, Tokyo and many more. This opportunity will allow them explore how leadership in other first world States work, and leaders whose visions have illustrated their country’s economic and social trajectory.
- Work Experience: Work experience involves shadowing Lagos State Cabinet members and this will be done on a rotational basis after 6 months into the programme. Fellows will hold the position of SA or SSA in their various MDAs and will be required to send monthly reports to the Governor through the Fellowship coordinator.
- Leadership Development: This component will comprise, amongst other things, the following: Brown-Bag Series, Fireside Chat, Leadership Seminar, Personalized Coaching and Continuous multi-source feedback
- Community Service: Fellows will commit to carrying out a high impact leadership project of their own choice. It will be a community transformative project. Fellows will work together yearly on a major impactful, people-centered project which is capable of improving the lives of Lagosians. And the project must be implemented within the one-year duration.
- Fellowship Network: The Fellowship will create an alumnus of highly potential youth network. Fellows will benefit from formal and informal peer-to-peer coaching and learning opportunities. The aim is to promote unity despite our nation’s diversity and promoting national integration, ultimately cultivating social consciousness, shared vision and creating a strong network.
- Open to Nigerians;
- You must have 3 years work experience;
- You are under 35 years old (or 37 for women with children);
- You have NYSC discharge/exemption certificate.
- After application, your application would be assessed and you would be shortlisted to take the Computer Based Test if you meet all criteria
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed
- Successful applicants would be offered a slot into the Fellowship
For ore information, visit Lateef Jakande Leadership Academy.