Movistar – 42 Madrid Digital Inclusion Scholarship 2022 to Attend One Young World Summit in Manchester, UK (Fully-funded)
Deadline: June 5, 2022
Applications are invited for the Movistar – 42 Madrid Digital Inclusion Scholarship 2022. In 2021, Telefónica Hispanoamérica were delighted to have collaborated with One Young World to create for the first time the Digital Inclusion Scholarship. The Digital Inclusion Scholarship selected the brightest and most talented young leaders from: Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela.
These young leaders attended the One Young World 2021 Summit digitally whilst representing Telefonica in these countries. They created the Digital Inclusion Community Taskforce to join the efforts of several countries in the Latin American region, in order to create an initiative that can make a huge impact regardless of physical borders. The purpose will be to work around education and digital integration in populations in a state of vulnerability.
Therefore, building on the success of the 2021 programme, Telefónica will continue this partnership with One Young World to support young leaders in the field of technology, innovation, digital skills, inclusion and education at rural areas of Latin American countries. They are also pleased to announce that “42 Madrid” from Fundación Telefónica will join the digital inclusion scholarship this year. The selected young leaders will have the opportunity to participate in this year’s 2022 Summit which will take place between September 5-8, in-person in Manchester, United Kingdom.
The scholarship provides
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester.
- Lifetime membership to the OYW community.
- Hotel accommodation on a private room between 5th – 8th (inclusive) September 2022 for the Summit.
- One night of hotel accommodation (if required) for the visa application process.
- The cost of travel to and from Manchester (flights in economy).
- Domestic travel costs to the airport to take the international flight (flight in economy).
- Travel to the visa application process (if required).
- Visa costs, if applicable (including visa costs and required travel for visa appointment).
- Catering which includes breakfast at the hotel accommodation and, lunch and dinner at the Summit.
- 7 days of daily expenses (£15 per day).
- Travel Insurance between September 3-9, 2022.
- 42 Madrid Experience (pre-Summit day meet-up in Madrid).
- Applicant must be aged 18 – 30 at the time of the One Young World Summit 2022 which will take place from 5-8 September 2022;
- Eligible Nationalities: Mexico, Peru, Colombia, Uruguay, Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, and Venezuela;
- Lead an initiative focused on bridging the digital divide in rural areas of Latin American;
- Lead an initiative with a special focus on innovation;
- Evidenced impact of the initiative;
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership;
- Commitment and potential benefit to the communities or territories where he/she belongs;
- Willingness to be fully engaged with Movistar Delegates;
- Motivation to participate in One Young World.
The application deadline is June 5, 2022 at 09:00 AM (GMT).
For more information, visit One Young World.