Norton Writers Prize 2022 for Undergraduates in the U.S. (up to $1,000)
Deadline: June 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Norton Writers Prize 2022. The Norton Writer’s Prize recognizes outstanding original nonfiction by undergraduates. The contest is open to students age 17 and above who are enrolled in an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university during the 2021–2022 academic year.
Three cash prizes will be awarded in 2022 for coursework submitted during the academic year, one in each of the following three categories:
- Writing by a first-year student in a 2- or 4-year college or university
- Writing by a student in a 2-year college or university
- Writing by a student in a 4-year college or university
- Three cash prizes of $1,000 apiece will be awarded in 2022 for coursework submitted during the academic year
- Open to individuals age 17 and above who are enrolled in an accredited 2- or 4-year college or university in the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Employees of W. W. Norton & Company, Inc. (“Sponsor”), including its member companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, and agencies, and their immediate family members and persons living in their households, are not eligible to enter or win.
- Contest is not open to previous Contest winners or runners-up. All federal, state, and local regulations apply. Void where prohibited.
Entry requires nomination by an instructor in entrant’s undergraduate institution and must consist of all of the following:
- one (1) copy of a double-spaced student essay, between 1,000 and 3,000 words in length, without any identifying student information;
- instructor’s short summary of the essay’s merits, typed on departmental stationery, on a single sheet that also includes instructor’s name, email address, phone number, and title;
- a completed Information Form, setting forth student’s name, email address, phone number, and projected year of graduation; the instructor’s name, email address, phone number, and title; the title of the essay; the name of the course for which the essay was written; and a signed statement confirming that the essay represents the student’s original work.
Submissions must be sent by email addressed to Sponsor at [email protected] and received by Sponsor during the Entry Period.