Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA) Emerging African Scholars PhD Workshop 2022
Deadline: June 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Association for Research on Civil Society in Africa (AROCSA) Emerging African Scholars PhD Workshop 2022. The PhD Workshop is a full-day professional development and intellectually engaging workshop.
The seminar seeks to provide guidance for emerging scholars on the path to a successful career, help sharpen their research skills and address the challenges that African PhD students face. The goal is to provide scholarly research support, professional advice and mentoring for doctoral students in the field of nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies.
- Open to doctoral students from Africa whose research focus is on nonprofit management, philanthropy, civil society, social entrepreneurship and voluntary action studies in Africa.
- Students at the various under listed stages in their doctoral program are encouraged to apply:
- Students who have defended a dissertation proposal;
- Students who have not yet defended a dissertation proposal;
- Students whose dissertation plans are not yet fully formed.
Slots in the workshop are limited. Selection of candidates will be based on the following criteria:
- Potential quality and impact of proposed research.
- Centrality of the work to philanthropy, nonprofit management, civil society, social entrepreneurship, and voluntary action studies in Africa.
- Potential for the student to gain from the workshop.
Applications must include the following:
- 5-page description of dissertation research or proposed research outline (double space, 12pt font with one inch margins)
- Brief Statement of Purpose, outlining how the student expects to benefit from participation in the Virtual PhD Workshop
- Recommendation from student’s dissertation advisor/faculty advisor
Compile your 5-page description, your Statement of Purpose and recommendation letter in one PDF document before submitting.
For more information, visit ArocsAfrica.