Deadline: June 18, 2022
Applications are open for the Fishbowl Challenge Class of 2022/2023. The Fishbowl Challenge is a 6-month intensive venture-building program for young college entrepreneurs. From August 2022 – March 2023, 150 college students from across the globe will come together to solve some of the world’s biggest problems and experience global collaboration first hand.
Participants work in international teams with other students across the globe to build tech-based social ventures that combat issues in these 5 critical areas: Agriculture, Economic Empowerment, Education Technology, Healthcare, and Renewable Energy & Sustainability. In the 6-month intensive program, students will have a chance to recruit or join a globally diverse team as they move from idea to venture with support from senior-level industry mentors.
- Work in international teams of college students from across the world and solve problems with like-minded peers.
- Pursue a venture you believe in: leverage entrepreneurship and tech to work on world-changing ideas.
- Get access to top-notch, senior-level mentors to guide your venture’s growth and development.
- Win up to $50,000 in equity-free seed funding to launch your social venture.
- Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in a university/college, and those who have accepted admission into a university/college as of September 1, 2022.
- Applicants from all around the world are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- Applicants must be comfortable conversing in English, as it will serve as the primary language of communication during the competition.
- A recommendation will be required for each applicant. Applicants must submit the name and contact details of a recommender (no friends/family, but professional recommendations from school, work, or other projects are welcome).
You’ll be asked to complete several sections in the application. Here’s an overview so you know what to expect:
- Name + contact info
- Student eligibility confirmation
- Personal details
- Why Fishbowl? Tell them why you want to be a challenger.
- What area of social impact are you passionate about, and why?
- Your role on the founding team. What skills do you bring to the table?
- Pitch a world-changing tech idea (optional)
- Recommendation. Send them the email of someone who can let them know why you should join the challenge!
For more information, visit Fishbowl Challenge.