TWAS-COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2022 (Funded)
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Applications are open for the TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship Programme 2022. The TWAS-COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI) Fellowship Programme for postgraduate research offers fellowships to young scientists from developing countries other than Pakistan, who wish to obtain all or part (sandwich or full-time) of their PhD in natural or social sciences.
TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowships are tenable in the departments and laboratories of the campuses of the COMSATS University Islamabad (CUI). CUI-TWAS Fellowships are offered in the following areas of the natural and related applied sciences: Mathematics, Biosciences, Metrology, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Physics, Chemical Engineering and Management Sciences. CUI-TWAS Fellowships are also offered in the following social and economic sciences: Development Studies, Economics, Economics and International Relations.
- CUI will provide a monthly stipend which should be used to cover living costs such as food, accommodation and health insurance. The monthly stipend will not be convertible into foreign currency.
- be nationals of a developing country (other than Pakistan);
- must not be on site in Pakistan;
- must not hold any visa for temporary or permanent residency in Pakistan or any developed country;
- hold an MSc degree (with research) in a field of natural sciences;
- If applying in a field of eligible social sciences, hold a MSc degree in a field of social sciences;
- be a maximum age of 35 years by December 31 in the year of application;
- for FULL-TIME Fellowships:
- be willing to register at CUI, Pakistan;
- have 18 years of education up to MS/MPhil degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.0/4.0; not hold 3rd division (i.e. less than 50% marks) throughout the academic cycle; have passed departmental test within the first semester of studies, or have a valid GAT (subject) /GRE (subject) score as specified on the CUI website
- for SANDWICH Fellowships:
- be registered PhD students in a developing country, and provide the “Registration and No Objection Certificate” from the HOME university;
- provide an official Acceptance Letter from CUI. Requests for acceptance must be sent to Mr. Kashif Masood, Deputy Registrar (International) (by email [email protected]) who will facilitate assignment of a host supervisor.
- provide evidence of proficiency in English, if medium of education was not English;
- provide evidence that s/he will return to her/his home country on completion of the fellowship;
- not take up other assignments during the period of her/his fellowship;
- be financially responsible for any accompanying family members and for any delay incurred in completing the fellowship.
- Applicants must submit an Acceptance Letter from CUI when applying, or by the deadline at the latest. Without preliminary acceptance the application will not be considered for selection.
- Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper and signed. The subject line must contain CUI/PG and the candidate’s surname. N.B. Only signed reference letters can be accepted.
For more information, visit TWAS-CUI Postgraduate Fellowship.