Young Women in Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Mentorship Programme 2022
Deadline: July 8, 2022
The Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non‑Proliferation (VCDNP) and the International Affairs Institute (IAI) invite female undergraduate, graduate, and post-graduate students as well as recent graduates to apply to the Young Women in Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Mentorship Programme 2022.
The mentorship programme, which will run from September 15, 2022 to May 15, 2023, seeks to engage young women in the field of non-proliferation, arms control and disarmament, and promote awareness about these issues.
The programme will pair successful applicants with well-known experts to establish a mentoring relationship, which envisions regular videoconferencing sessions and other forms of communication between mentees and mentors. Participants will also be expected to attend select conferences, including the EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Consortium (EUNPDC) Annual Conference on November 14-15, 2022 in Brussels. Additionally, networking and career and skills development opportunities will be offered through seminars, workshops, and other activities.
At the end of the programme, participants are expected to produce a deliverable. The form of the deliverable will be agreed individually with the organizers and might take the form of either: a paper, a presentation, a video, a blog post, or similar.
- Open to female students currently enrolled in undergraduate, graduate, or post-graduate programmes, as well as recent graduates (graduated less than three years ago).
- Candidates of all nationalities and from all regions are welcome to apply, though, a portion of the spots will be reserved to applicants from Europe.
- The programme will be conducted in English; therefore, good English language skills are essential.
The deadline for applications is July 8, 2022. Applications should be submitted in English using the online application form. Note that applicants will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages)
- A transcript of courses taken to date and grades received, and
- Two recommendation letters
For more information, visit YWNGI.