Call for Expression of Interest: #eSkills4Girls – Digital Skills Training for Rural Women and Girls 2022
Deadline: June 17, 2022
Submit an Expression of Interest for the Digital Skills Training for Rural Women and Girls 2022. Africa Foresight Group (AFG) is recruiting training partners for the #eSkills4Girls project which is sponsored by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH (GIZ) – Digital Transformation Center (DTC).
The project aims to combat exclusion and counter gender disparity in the digital technology domain by equipping 1,200 rural women with digital skills in order to enhance the productivity of their businesses, particularly in the informal sector. The project will support digital innovation in rural areas, promote private sector-led growth of the digital economy and contribute interventions to address bottlenecks that prevent rural women from participating in the digital economy.
The objective of this Call for Expression of Interest is to identify and hire local innovation hubs, NGOs, or other training service providers (collectively referred to as training providers or TPs) to deliver a tailored curriculum to women in twelve (12) regions of Ghana: Upper West, Upper East, Bono East, Ashanti, Volta, North East, Northern, Ahafo, Eastern, Western, and Central.
Selected TPs will adapt existing training packages/curriculum or build new content with the overall goal of improving productivity of informal businesses through the integration of digital tools.
- Design and undertake needs assessments in the specified regions to identify the digital skills training needs of rural women and girls
- Work closely with the Digital Skills Training (DST) project team to identify training cohorts of women and girls in the specified regions
- Support the DST project team in identifying, developing, and managing partnerships with local authorities
- Build or adapt training content to deliver foundational and transactional digital skills to beneficiaries. Foundational skills include digital device operations training and internet and social media literacy training. Transactional skills include digital business literacy, digital content creation and distribution, and mobile money and financial management literacy.
- Support the monitoring and evaluation specialist with the needed documentation and reporting
- Maintain high levels of professional conduct, including but not limited to effective management of cultural and religious differences, and always provide clear and professional styles of communication.
- Provide cover and back-up trainers to ensure continuous flow of planned sessions.
- Perform any additional relevant tasks as requested by the Project Team.
- Demonstration of knowledge of: Rural entrepreneurship, Digital skills, Digital Financial skills, Digital Marketing, Online banking, social media and e-commerce
- 2-3 years of experience with a strong and proven track record of:
- Delivering digital skills/IT teaching or training.
- Designing training curricula.
- Creating e-lessons.
- Carrying out IT technical support.
- Delivering entrepreneurial training engagements of rural women.
- Ability to develop and deliver digital skills training for rural women entrepreneurs.
- Fluent in English and local languages relevant to project regions.
- Beneficiary focused with excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure, and within teams to achieve objectives.
- Only the most qualified and suitable candidates will be invited to interviews. Interested and eligible TPs may apply by June 17, 2022.
- Applicants would be required to include up to three references and proof of previous relevant work.
- Preference would be given to training providers who can provide female trainers and those that are either female-led or female-run.
For more information, visit #eSkills4Girls.