New York Academy of Sciences “1000 Girls, 1000 Futures” Program 2022 for Young Women in STEM
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Applications are open for the New York Academy of Sciences “1000 Girls, 1000 Futures” Program 2022 for Young Women in STEM. The 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
The New York Academy of Sciences invites young women ages 13-17 around the world to join 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures to receive mentorship from female STEM experts, gain access to college readiness and leadership coursework, and network with other girls passionate about STEM!
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures empowers young women to learn independently and work collaboratively on Launchpad, the Academy’s unique online learning platform. On Launchpad, students complete the coursework at their own pace and apply their skills to work on different projects with their peers. Mentors are available to guide students throughout the program, from navigating the college application process to setting career goals.
- No cost in involved. 1000 Girls 1000 Futures is completely free for participating students.
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures participants are enthusiastic learners with a passion for science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Applicants should be between 13–17 years old.
- Be from anywhere in the world.
- All program content and communication on the platform is in English, and a strong level of English proficiency is required. Students’ English proficiency will be assessed during the application process.
- Students will complete at least two self-paced learning modules during the program year, from September to May. Each module usually requires three to four hours each week to complete.
Qualified mentors for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures are:
- Self-identified women who are either pursuing a Ph.D. in a STEM-related field OR currently working in a STEM-related field.
- Able to access at least one communication device with internet capabilities.
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English.
- Able to commit to 3-5 hours of program training and participation in the program monthly from September to June.
- Passionate about engaging and inspiring the next generation of young women around the world.
1000 Girls 1000 Futures is a virtual program. To participate, students must have access to at least one communication device, such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, with an internet connection.
For more information, visit 1000 Girls, 1000 Futures.