Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022 to Attend the OYW Summit in Manchester, UK
Deadline: June 30, 2022
Applications are open for the Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022. Pfizer has partnered with One Young World for the second year to support 50 young leaders to experience in the One Young World Summit 2022.
One Young World, empowers and develops young leaders to build a fair, sustainable future for all. The annual Summit connects young leaders from every country and every sector to solve global challenges to build a fair and sustainable world. Every leader who attends joins the One Young World Ambassador Community, a global network of 13,700+ activists, humanitarians, world-leaders, business-leaders, thought-leaders, entrepreneurs, politicians and innovators.
This year’s Pfizer – One Young World Scholarship 2022 will recognise the breakthrough actions of young people who are making an impact in three key areas:
- Education: Increasing access to quality STEM education for all.
- Environment: Tackling climate change and conserving the world’s resources.
- Health: Improving health outcomes for all.
- Digital Access to the One Young World Summit 2022 which takes place from 5 – 8 September.
- Permanent membership of the One Young World Ambassador community.
- Participation in unique sessions including meetings with senior Pfizer executives.
- Applicants should be aged 18 – 30.
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- English speaking.
- Have internet connectivity.
You should apply for this scholarship if:
- You meet the eligibility criteria above.
- You have a proven track record for leadership by fostering innovation, teamwork, personal accountability, and a commitment for results.
- You have a willingness to engage with Pfizer and demonstrate Pfizer’s commitment to improving health equity.
- You are a champion of diversity and inclusion.
- You are creating a positive impact in one of the scholarship’s three focus areas (Education, Environment, Health). Examples of relevant impact include:
- Developing teachers and promoting innovative practises in STEM teaching.
- Creating new platforms for learners to engage with STEM education.
- Making STEM education more accessible and affordable.
- Driving STEM education policy.
- Reducing carbon emissions.
- Reducing the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts.
- Strengthening climate change resilience.
- Developing circular economy approaches.
- Protecting and restoring the world’s ecosystems.
- Delivering healthcare on the frontlines.
- Advocating for public policies which protect vulnerable populations and advance health equity.
- Creating digital solutions to enhance access to healthcare.
- Providing health education that empowers people to live healthier lives.
- Pioneering breakthroughs in healthcare.
The scholarship welcomes applications from candidates from a variety of professional backgrounds including; healthcare practitioners, social entreprenuers, entrepreneurs, charity leaders, academics and community activists.
For more information, visit Pfizer One Young World Scholarship.