Kaplan Leadership Program 2022 for BIPOC Students in the U.S.
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Applications are open for the Kaplan Leadership Program 2022. The Kaplan Leadership Program is a unique scholarship opportunity for continuing students who are planning to graduate in May 2023 and transfer to a four year institution.
The Kaplan Leadership Program (KLP) is designed for Associate’s Degree students like you! KLP provides individualized support to top community college students of color, in the NYC Metro area, seeking to transfer to top 4-year institutions across the nation. KLP shows you how to take control of your future, and achieve your academic, career, and leadership goals. Apply today!
- Academic Advising + Transfer Admissions Support
- Work one-on-one with an academic advisor to define your leadership path at your community college + beyond.
- Work one-on-one with a transfer admissions advisor in order to identify the right four-year program for you and remain competitive as a transfer admissions applicant.
- Work with a writing coach to enhance your skills and work on your supplemental application materials
- Access to a robust network of KLP scholars and alums from over 35+ four-year institutions across the U.S.
- Financial support.
- Fees associated with the college transfer application process.
- Apply for additional funding up to $500 a month, including living expenses like wifi, transportation, and books, while pursuing your Associate’s Degree + College Transfer.
- Personal Development, Leadership Training + Mentoring
- Participate in leadership workshops given by industry leaders and other professionals. Get career counseling, job placement support, and admissions guidance for graduate and professional programs. Mentoring by KLP Alumni + Staff
- Additional Benefits
- Improve your skills with individual tutoring in Math, English + the Sciences.
- College Visits (when possible)
- Laptop provided upon successful completion of the college transfer
- Scholarships of up to $3,000 per year toward your Associate’s Degree.
- Cultural enrichment to broaden your cultural experiences through events and visits focusing on the rich diversity of NYC
- Applicant should have a desire to challenge self to become a leader in their profession and community.
- Be a student currently matriculated in an Associate’s Degree program in the NYC/NJ area.
- Minimum GPA of 3.5 (on a 4.0 scale)
- Completed 24 of 35 non-remedial credits by the end of your Spring semester.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Qualify for federal and/or state financial aid.
- Be Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx/Latino, or Native American.
- Committed to transfer to a Bachelor’s program immediately upon completion of Associates Degree.
- If you will have earned more than 30 credits towards your degree by the end of your Spring semester but will still be enrolled in the upcoming Fall semester, please contact the Foundation directly to discuss your unique situation.
The Kaplan Leadership Program (KLP) is looking for students that understand the importance of a great education in building a successful career. If you are a high achiever with ambitions to challenge yourself and become a leader in your profession and community, apply!
They are looking for students that meet the following criteria:
- Achievement and Academic Ability: Possess strong academic record at the community college that includes consistent course enrollment, degree progress, and grades.
- Financial need: Demonstrate financial need (Federal Pell and/or NY State Tap eligible)
- Persistence: Proven record of success while overcoming personal, academic and professional challenges.
- Leadership: Take initiative and be able to set a path to meet and exceed personal, academic and professional expectations.
- Desire to help others: Be an engaged global citizen, committed to putting your skills, abilities, and passion to work in order to improve the lives of others and society as a whole.
For more information, visit Kaplan Leadership Program.