IUSSP Population, Ethics and Human Rights Fellowship 2022 (Stipend available)
Deadline: August 31, 2022
Applications for the International Union for the Scientific Study of Population (IUSSP) Population, Ethics and Human Rights Fellowship 2022 are now open. The Fellowship will host three early career research/practitioner professionals for a 12-month period. The official fellowship period will run from February 2023 to January 2024.
The Fellowship requires a full-time commitment during a 12-month residence period. Fellows will be hosted for 6-months at WiSER, Johannesburg and 6-months at ISER, Uganda. The Fellowship Program will include support for individual and group research projects, interactive dialogues, seminars and research/practitioner workshops that seek to unpack interdisciplinary perspectives with a particular focus on emerging challenges in low- and middle-income countries. Fellows will be supported by the IUSSP Scientific Panel and the partner institutions WiSER (South Africa), ISER (Uganda), and IIGH (United States).
- Fellows will receive a 12-month stipend, travel support to/from their location of residence and between Johannesburg and Kampala.
- Applications will be accepted from low- and middle-income countries from different geographic regions and disciplinary expertise.
- Applicant should have either a completed PhD or at least 3-years professional experience in the field of legal identity, global health, human rights, population studies or related fields such as social sciences, law, and public policy.
- Professional competence in English is required.
The application form requires:
- filling out the basic information in the form.
- listing the names and contact details of at least 2 professional/academic references.
- uploading of a short cover letter (2 pages, in pdf), briefly describing your professional achievements in relation with the fellowship as well what inspired you to apply. [Kindly use the following file naming convention: “LASTNAME-firstname-CoverLetter” e.g. SMITH-Lynda-CoverLetter.pdf]
- uploading of a curriculum vitae (in pdf) [Naming the file:”LASTNAME-firstname-CV” e.g. SMITH-Michael-CV.pdf]
- uploading a short description of the research project you wish to undertake (Project Title, Abstract, Background, Objectives, Methods, Funding…) “LASTNAME-firstname-ResearchProject” e.g. SMITH-Fatima-ResearchProject.doc]
For more information, visit IUSSP.