Because Accelerator 2022 for Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: August 17, 2022
Applications are open for the Because Accelerator 2022. The Because Accelerator is designed for an entrepreneur who is in the early to middle stages of product development.
The program is uniquely focused on overcoming the challenges to developing affordable manufactured products which have proven market attractiveness and are ready to aim for production at scale. This training will be beneficial for both entrepreneurs who are launching their first product, or those who are looking to add something to an existing line.
The ten sessions cover the following concepts:
- Fully understanding the problem
- Stages of product design and development
- Launching a business
- Creating a financial plan
- Developing a marketing and sales plan
- Setting and achieving growth goals
Upon completion, entrepreneurs will have a written business plan, a polished pitch ready to share with potential investors, progress towards or completion of a next level goal and an opportunity to participate in an annual pitch competition.
This free program has four primary components:
- Training: A 10-week, online curriculum covers topics common to startups and illustrated by Because International’s experience with our own social enterprise startup, The Shoe That Grows.
- Coaching: At the beginning of the 10-week cohort, each entrepreneur is matched with an experienced coach who will mentor them during the program and beyond.
- Networking: Entrepreneurs network with members of their cohort, alumni of the Because Accelerator and the Because Advisor Network—a group of subject matter experts with connections worldwide.
- Funding: They have linked entrepreneurs to thousands of dollars in funding over the last two years. At the end of the cohort, entrepreneurs have the opportunity to compete in a pitch event for a cash prize.
- Because Accelerator was created for early to middle stage entrepreneurs that have product related ideas.
- Anyone with a socially innovative product is encouraged to apply! They do not work with entrepreneurs in restaurant, entertainment, education, software, food or service industries.
They run two cohorts each year. A cohort is a group of entrepreneurs who start the program at the same time and go through it together. Would you love to be considered for the next cohort? The first step is to complete an application.
For more information, visit Because Accelerator.