Deadline: September 30, 2022
Applications are open for the Genius Bee Innovation Programme 2022. Genius Bee is a national innovation programme where young talents from various secondary schools in Nigeria, get together to learn, build capacity and develop innovative solutions for a better and more sustainable future.
The goal of the programme is to develop a network of young innovators and changemakers that would impact the world, through their transformative actions and innovative solutions. They intend to create a global student platform fully dedicated to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), where youngsters can be trained, connect and access a unique ecosystem of experts, mentors, investors, government and non-government organizations.
Genius Bee Innovation Programme provides the next generation hands-on trainings on SDGs, Circular Economy, Green Economy, Waste Recycling and Artificial Intelligence. The Genius Bee invites secondary school students to show off their knowledge of general academics.
This programme features a bootcamp training and multi-educational contests which includes essay writing, spellings, speech presentation, arithmetic, waste innovation and more. As a central part of the experience, the young talents will be immersed in a daylong bootcamp where they will receive training and support from facilitators and mentors to frame problems and develop early-stage prototype solutions within their interested SDG.
At each State level, medals and plaque awards would be given to the Winners (1st, 2nd, and 3rd). Each student would be issued a Certificate of Participation after the tournament.
The following cash prize is set to be given to the winners of the Grand tournament.
- 1st Prize: ₦200,000 for the Champion
- 2nd Prize: ₦150,000 for 1st Runner-Up
- 3rd Prize: ₦100,000 for 2nd Runner-Up
- School bags, atlas, dictionaries, scientific calculators, mathematical sets, and many more rewards would be given as consolation prizes.
- Open to public and private Secondary Schools in Ekiti, Ondo, Ogun, Osun and Lagos states.
- Senior Secondary School II (S.S.S. 2) Students attending full-time Secondary Education in any Public and Private Secondary Schools in the states listed above are eligible to take part in the competition.
- Entry or registration into this competition is FREE.
- The competition shall be held at the state and regional levels, where winners in every state will compete together for the grand prize.
- Note that the official language for this competition is the English Language at the State and Regional Levels.
For more information, visit Genius Bee Innovation.