Deadline: September 30, 2022
Applications are open for the U.S. African Development Foundation (USADF) Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge 2022. The Challenge is an initiative of USADF’s Youth and Women Entrepreneurship Portfolio designed to address Africa’s youth bulge, economically empower youth and women, and impact job creation across Africa.
The Accelerate Africa Entrepreneurship Challenge is intended to invest in Micro, Small, and Mid-Size enterprises (MSMEs) that:
- Address Africa’s youth bulge by prioritizing job creation to enhance youth productivity and livelihoods.
- Economically empower youth and women to apply business solutions to social problems and create sustainable employment across Africa.
- Addresses unmet needs of underserved and at-risk communities and/or market demand.
- Formalize market opportunities and supply chain linkages for youth and women-owned MSME.
Winning applicants will receive:
- Grant capital of US$50,000 to US$250,000 from USADF.
- Access to intensive local technical assistance and governance support.
- Applicants must be 100% African-owned and -managed private companies;
- Be registered and operating in Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia.
- Express clearly how they will benefit underserved populations across Africa including showing demonstrable positive impacts for youth and women.
- Express clearly how they will achieve sustainable growth.
- Document adequate expertise in the field they are proposing or document how they will acquire the necessary expertise.
- Clearly document how they will use USADF grant capital to carry out their concept.
Applications will be accepted from September 6, 2022, to September 30, 2022. Proposals received after the closing date will not be accepted. Applications are on a first come, first served basis, so it is advised that applications are submitted well ahead of the window close.
For more information, visit USADF Challenge.