United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Programme 2023-2024 (Stipend of $20,000)
Deadline: October 6, 2022
Applications are open for the USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Programme 2023-2024. The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship programme awards non-residential fellowships to PhD candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who are writing doctoral dissertations on topics broadly related to conflict management, peacebuilding and relevant security studies.
Since 1988, the programme has supported the dissertations of 371 young scholars, many of whom have gone on to distinguished careers in research, higher education, and policy making.
This programme partners with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships relating to topics on peace and security studies. Currently, the programme awards up to 18 scholarships per year, and awards support both research and writing stages of work on dissertations.
- USIP funds up to 18 Peace Scholars for a 10-month, non-residential fellowship. Peace Scholars receive stipends of up to $20,000 for the academic year, paid directly to the individual in three tranches. Peace Scholar awards may not be deferred.
- Open to Ph.D. candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who have successfully completed all of the required classwork and any required comprehensive exams.
- Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply, however they must be Ph.D. candidates currently enrolled at a U.S. university. Students at international and satellite universities are not eligible.
- All applicants must be Ph.D. candidates at the time of application. Master’s students or other students pursuing graduate coursework are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age requirement for Peace Scholars.
All application materials must be submitted online. The application for the 2023-24 Fellowship can be accessed via the FLUXX online portal.
The application includes the following sections:
- A confirmation of your eligibility, must be a Ph.D. candidate
- Your personal and contact information
- Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional links to publications
For more information, visit USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship.