Princeton in Africa Fellowships 2023-2024 for Young professionals (Stipend available)
Deadline: October 26, 2022
Applications are open for the Princeton in Africa Fellowships 2023-2024. Princeton in Africa helps future leaders develop lifelong connections to the people and nations of Africa. They match talented and passionate college graduates or young professionals with high-impact organizations working across Africa for paid year-long service placements.
The Fellowship programme enables Fellows, through their skills, knowledge, and technical expertise, to make significant contributions to Africa’s well-being and cultivate meaningful relationships with communities in Africa and one another.
Founded in 1999, Princeton in Africa has matched almost 700 Fellows with 100 high-impact host organizations spanning 37 African countries. Fellows contribute to Africa’s institutions in Business and Economic Development, Education & Youth Capacity Building, Public & Community Health, Environmental Conservation and Sustainability, Civil Society, etc. These partnerships have enriched the lives of young leaders and institutions across Africa.
- Princeton in Africa will provide medical insurance, security insurance, resilience support services, pre-departure orientation, mid-year leadership retreat in an exclusive location in Africa, and professional support during the Fellowship year.
- Host Organizations will provide a modest living allowance to cover their basic living expenses in the host country.
- Applicants must be young professionals or graduating seniors at the time of application.
- Applicants must be graduates of a U.S. accredited University.
- Applicants must have full professional English proficiency. Additionally, French is preferred at some posts.
- Applicants must be not more than 35 years of age.
- Applicants must have a passport valid through the fellowship date.
Application requirements include:
- Resume or CV (2 pages max)
- Official transcript (All Applicants)
- Proof of university enrollment (Nexus Applicants Only)
- One letter of recommendation
- $75 Non-refundable Application Fee (Fee waivers available on a need basis, email [email protected] for more information)
- Complete Online Application
- Demonstrated commitment to service
For more information, visit Princeton in Africa Fellowships.