Prudential Emerging Visionaries Program 2023 for Changemakers in the United States (Win all-expenses-paid trip + up to $15,000)
Deadline: November 3, 2022 (Early entry deadline: September 29, 2022)
Do you have a vision to transform your community — and the world— for the better? Where others see problems, do you see potential?
Applications are now open for the 2023 Prudential Emerging Visionaries, an exciting collaboration between Prudential Financial and Ashoka, celebrating and supporting young changemakers tackling the societal and financial challenges of a changing world! They are looking for Changemakers between the ages of 14-18 in the U.S. and Puerto Rico who are tackling financial and societal challenges.
Prudential Emerging Visionaries is a national recognition program that awards young people for their innovative solutions to financial and societal challenges in their communities. An Emerging Visionary is a changemaker – a young person with a bold vision for impact and a project to make it happen.
Emerging Visionaries is the evolution of the Prudential Spirit of Community Awards, a long- standing program that has honored more than 150,000 such young people during a 26-year history. Emerging Visionaries builds on a tradition of community service, with new attention to financial and societal challenges.
EVERYONE who applies will receive:
- Peer feedback via the Challenge online platform, including the opportunity to view, review, and connect with other Prudential Emerging Visionaries applicants.
- Access to on-demand trainings to support you in your changemaking journey.
- A digital certificate of participation.
- The chance to be selected for one of two (2) Early Entry Awards ($1,000 each) if your application is submitted by September 29, 2022.
Winners will receive:
- A cash award of up to $15,000, awarded as follows:
- 25 winners will receive $5,000 each — 20 of these winners will be selected from the Societal Solutions category and 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category.
- The 5 winners from the Financial Solutions category will be invited to join a pitch-off at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. From there, 1 Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner will receive an additional $10,000 award, for a total of $15,000.
- 1 winner of either category will also receive the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award—an additional $5,000, to be awarded at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. Note: The Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not eligible to win the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award.
- All 25 winners will receive an all-expense paid trip to Prudential’s headquarters in Newark, New Jersey on April 22-25, 2023, with a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit. This will be an engaging experience in which participants will receive coaching, skills development, and an opportunity to meet with senior leaders from Prudential to help take their solution to the next level.
*Please note that if circumstances necessitate canceling the in-person event (as determined by Prudential in its sole discretion), a virtual ceremony will be conducted, and no trip will be provided.
- Participants must be individuals between the ages of 14 – 18 when applying and not older than 18 by the end of the entry period (November 3, 2022). Groups and partners are not eligible.
- Participants must be legal residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Participants must have started their project on or before June 1, 2022.
- Winners must bring one chaperone to the in-person event on April 22-25, 2023.
- One application per person.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Prudential Emerging Visionaries and Prudential Spirit of Community National Honorees and State Honorees are NOT eligible to apply.
- Employees and their children and grandchildren of Prudential, Ashoka, Financial Health Network, or its affiliates and participating advertising and promotion agencies are NOT eligible to apply.
Those who apply by September 29, 2022 (11:59PM ET) will automatically be considered for Early Entry. All Early Entry participants will have the chance to get feedback on their application before the Final Entry deadline, and two participants from this group will be selected to each receive a $1,000 award!
For more information, visit Ashoka Changemakers.