Deadline: October 12, 2022
Applications are invited for the ICGEB-SAWBP PhD Fellowship Scheme 2022. The International Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology South African Women in Biotechnology Programme (ICGEB-SAWBP) Fellowship promotes the interaction and mobility of South African women Biotechnology researchers and the ICGEB community, including mobility support to visit other ICGEB Components in Trieste, Italy and New Delhi, India.
The Fellowships comprise a very attractive package:
- Three-year PhD Fellowship
- Tuition and stipend
- Applying the latest techniques and methodologies to the applicant’s chosen research topic
- Opportunities for mentoring, peer-to-peer learning and complementary skills
- Immersion in a top class international scientific research environment
- Open to South African women researchers intending to study towards a PhD degree in Biotechnology;
- Proposed research projects must be innovative and fall within one of the ICGEB Cape Town Component macro areas of research, namely: Infectious Diseases, Non-Communicable Diseases, Bioinformatics, Plant Systems Biology and Virology.
Prepare the following documents:
- A certified copy of your barcoded ID.
- A copy of your CV.
- Proof of registration for students currently enrolled at a tertiary institution.
- Transcript of academic record indicating a minimum accumulative academic achievement in previous degree.
- Official and certified university degree certificates. For applicants that have enrolled at multiple institutions during their tertiary studies, please combine all your transcripts into one document.
- Recommendation letter by Supervisor (compulsory for master’s and doctoral applicants).
- Admission letter indicating full time registration (if available). This will be required if application is successful.
- A letter of endorsement from the ICGEB Cape Town Group Leader must be submitted with the application. Note that the written statement from the ICGEB Group Leader you have contacted and who is willing to support your project is mandatory to apply.
- For applicants under the age of 18, to comply with POPI regulations a signed consent form completed by your parent/legal guardian along with a certified copy of their proof of identity is required.
- You can download the guardian consent form by clicking HERE.
For more information, visit ICGEB-SAWBP PhD Fellowship.