USAID/African Management Institute Emerge Programme 2022 (Scholarship available)
Deadline: October 3, 2022
Applications are invited for the USAID/African Management Institute Emerge Programme 2022. This programme supports women-led businesses based in South Africa address barriers to accessing finance, build leadership confidence & buy-in, and close financial deals.
The programme learning journey focuses on taking your business through 4 key phases of your journey over a 4 month period. Each stage is approximately 3-4 weeks long. You’ll be supported by key AMI staff during this period including the Programme Facilitator and a dedicated AMI Programme & Learning Manager.
- Phase 1 – Why are you not getting the finance you want?
- Phase 2 – How to maximise your chances of success
- Phase 3 – How to seal the deal
- Phase 4 – Access to finance
- Address barriers to accessing finance with practical tools: Learn how to implement critical business practices that will plug gaps impeding ability to access finance
- Enhance your power skills: Learn how to build leadership confidence through crafting and communicating powerful storytelling and pitching techniques, initiative-taking and using values to shape behaviours.
- Access Finance: Businesses that successfully complete the learning journey will be linked to relevant financial providers.
- Networking and Peer Learning: Businesses in the programme will receive access to peer learning and collaboration to work through challenges and encourage you to keep driving toward your ultimate goal.
- Full scholarship to qualifying applicants/businesses is available.
- Open to women-led businesses in South Africa experiencing challenges in accessing finance;
- The main participant and applicant must be the CEO, Managing Director, Owner, or Founder of the business and must be an active participant in the programme;
- Generated annual revenue of R500,000 – R5,000,000 in the last financial year;
- Be operational for more than 2 years;
- Willing to work online – i.e. Must have a smartphone/Internet connection to access online tools, courses and online community;
- Willing to share performance/financial data as part of finance linkage.
For more information, visit Emerge Programme.