Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) Programme 2023
Deadline: December 31, 2022
Applications are open for the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) Programme 2023. The GEMS programme aims to bring the best and brightest PhD students to Monash University Malaysia, where they can work with top-class research teams on some of the world’s core challenges.
The GEMS programme offers 15 scholarships each year from 2022 to 2024, and scholarship recipients will be funded for 39 months. Each PhD student will be supervised by a team of staff in Malaysia and Australia, and as such, the programme will include a paid placement in Australia for up to 12 months.
- 100% tuition fee waiver for three years and three months under the Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS).
- A monthly stipend of RM 2,800 for 27 months in Malaysia.
- An annual stipend of AUD 37,000 up to 12 months in Australia.
- A grant to cover travel and initial cost of living expenses in Australia.
Global Excellence and Mobility Scholarship (GEMS) recipients are required to contribute a maximum of 10 hours per week in academic support and/or research support activities as determined by the managing School.
- To be eligible for GEMS, you must possess a minimum academic qualification of First Class Honours (H1) or its equivalence (H1E) recognised by Monash Malaysia.
- You must satisfy particular academic and English language requirements.
- Applications must be submitted through this form with the following documents:
- Academic transcripts (Certified true copies with grading scales)
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement on why you think are suited for the GEMS programme (300 words)
- Research proposals for up to 2 preferred research topics
- Proof of English proficiency (Based on Monash University English language requirements)
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a panel interview.
- An Invitation to Apply letter will be sent to successful applicants on the next steps to complete your application.
For more information, visit GEMS Programme.