AI4Media Open Call for Projects in the AI & Media Domains (up to €50,000)
Deadline: November 30, 2022
Are you passionate about artificial intelligence (AI) research and innovation and its applications in media, society and democracy? This is your opportunity to deliver innovation in the AI and media sectors and win up to €50,000 per project.
The AI4Media Open Call invites entrepreneurs, companies, research organisations and researchers that develop and integrate applied research in the field of AI, to develop new research and applications addressing AI for the media sectors, and contribute to the enrichment of the existing pool of research and technological tools.
The Open Call targets two types of projects, divided into tracks:
- Track 1 – Research: Targets higher education and research institutions, academia and researchers to increase the value of the AI4Media ecosystem by expanding, developing and integrating new research in AI media domains. Projects funded under the Research track will run for 12 months.
- Track 2 – Application: Targets entrepreneurs, companies (micro-SMEs, SMEs, mid-caps) to develop innovative AI applications for the media sector by building on the research coming out of AI4Media or by adopting AI solutions to the media sector. Projects funded under the Application track will run for 9 months.
Through this open call, 10 projects will be selected (5 from each track). Projects must address one of the following research or application-driven challenges.
- C1-R Reinforcement learning and the challenge of generalisation
- C2-R Evolutionary learning and the challenge of evaluating quality
- C3-R Scarce data and the cross-media transfer of knowledge
- C4-R New decentralised collaborative learning paradigms for AI
- C5-R Quantum Reinforcement Learning for classical data processing
- C6-R Frugal cross-modal representation for media research
- C7-R Broadening the spectrum of Interpretable AI
- C8-R Standardising AI datasets and model creation
- C9-R Novel AI-powered enablers for social media research
- C10-R Social media alert system to avoid the attention gathering loop
- C11-R Representative and Inclusive Depictions of AI
- C12-R-OPEN Open Research Challenge
- C1-A Realising a hybrid AI application in AI4EU Experiments
- C2-A AI global support to informative content production
- C3-A New learning methods for music overcoming scarce data
- C4-A AI for suggesting visually appealing images based on text
- C5-A Recommender Systems to Support Exploratory Research with Media
- C6-A AI for automated testing and sound synthesis
- C7-A-OPEN Open Application Challenge
- Financial support: Equity-free funding of up to €50,000 per project.
- Market-driven services: Dedicated boot camps and online events to support market take-up of developed applications.
- Business support: Business support to promote innovations by SMEs and demonstrate them to cluster organisations and media stakeholders.
- Coaching: All projects will be allocated a coach to support the work developed and the integration into the AI4Media network.
- Visibility and promotion: Major visibility, promotion and networking opportunities are offered as part of the AI4Media project and related networks.
- Open to entrepreneurs, companies, research organisations and researchers;
- Be passionate about artificial intelligence (AI) research and innovation and its applications in media, society and democracy.
The deadline for submitting your proposal to the Open Call is November 30, 2022 at 17h00 CET (Brussels time).
For more information, visit AI4Media.