Applications are open for the Uber Data Science Apprenticeship Programme (DSA) 2023. Uber DSA is a 6-month, paid, full-time training programme consisting of 3 months of classroom instruction followed by 3 months of on-the-job training and mentorship while working on impactful real-life Uber projects.
This programme is designed for individuals with an enthusiasm for analytics, but who haven’t had the opportunity to work on data science challenges in a world-class tech environment. In the first 3 months, participants will take classroom training on data science fundamentals designed and led by the University of Maryland Global Campus. Participants will then spend the last 3 months with Uber’s inspiring Data Science leaders to work on capstone projects within our Mobility, Core Services, or Marketing organizations. After completing the 6 month DSA programme, apprentices will be fast-forwarded in the hiring process (skip the initial rounds) to be interviewed for a full-time placement with data science teams.
Training for this programme will take place in the Uber offices in San Francisco, CA. The DSA programme is a full-time paid apprenticeship that requires participants to be based in the San Francisco Bay Area. Start date of the programme is January 11, 2023.
In the Data Science Apprenticeship (DSA) Programme you will:
- Strengthen your fundamental knowledge of probability, statistics, and data preparation.
- Sharpen your expertise with SQL, and learn basics of Python.
- Gain expertise in data visualization and dashboarding.
- Understand how to refine ambiguous questions and generate hypotheses.
- Develop deeper understanding of how to design experiments and interpret the results.
- Learn how to measure success through Key Performance Indicators and other user/business metrics.
- Work side-by-side with Uber data scientists making product and business decisions based on data insights and experiment results.
- Applicant should have a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Math, Economics, Bioinformatics, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field AND/OR 2+ years of professional experience in a data, analytics, engineering, or research field;
- Foundational knowledge of SQL;
- Basic understanding of statistics and A/B testing;
- Curiosity to learn and adapt to new methodologies;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Full-time availability from January 2023 – June 2023;
- Availability to start full-time employment in June 2023 should you be extended a full-time offer upon completion of the apprenticeship
- Authorization to work in the US;
- Ability to work from Uber’s San Francisco HQ a minimum of 3 days per week.
For more information, visit Uber DSA Programme.