Deadline: November 20, 2022
Applications for the Kiplinger Fellowship 2023 are now open. The Kiplinger Fellows typically spend a week in April on Ohio University’s main campus in Athens, where they can engage and learn from the top trainers and leading experts in the field. The Kiplinger Fellowship will be held March 19 – 24 at Ohio University at the Scripps School of Journalism.
Kiplinger Fellows have been chosen from some of the most influential newsrooms across the United States and around the globe. Journalists have been selected from the Associated Press, BBC, CBS News, Chicago Tribune, CNN, Los Angeles Times, National Public Radio, NBC News, New York Times, PBS Newshour, Slate, USA Today, Univision, Washington Post and dozens of other news organizations. International journalists have traveled to Ohio State from Afghanistan, China, Colombia, Great Britain, Greece, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Panama, the Philippines, Spain, Sweden, Ukraine and other nations.
- The fellowship cover all of your training, lodging, meals and some social events.
- There is a travel stipend available to assist with travel expenses and this will vary depending on your proximity to Ohio and employer arrangements.
- If you cover politics or government agencies at any level, elections or political extremism, this fellowship is made for you.
- You must be a working journalist with at least five years of experience and be employed with a media outlet or freelance for one.
- Students and academics are not eligible.
Application will close on close on November 20, 2022. Candidate reviews will take place in late November and announcements will be made in mid-December.
For more information, visit Kiplinger Fellowship.