Sony Future Filmmaker Awards 2022 (Win $5,000 + a trip to Los Angeles)
Deadline: December 13, 2022
Applications are open for the Sony Future Filmmaker Awards 2022. The Sony Future Filmmaker Awards is a major new programme for short films providing an exceptional opportunity for creators and filmmakers from the around the world.
The 30 successful filmmakers will be flown to Los Angeles to visit Sony Pictures studio in Culver City, California, where they will gain unparalleled insight into the world of cinema and exclusive access to industry experts through panel discussions, workshops and screenings.
- The Filmmaker competition elevates original voices that bring a fresh perspective to storytelling. The three winners receive $5,000 (USD), an FX9 Cinema Line Camera (plus lens), and are flown, along with the shortlist, to Los Angeles for a two-day workshop programme and a black-tie awards ceremony.
- The Student Filmmaker competition rewards the talent soon to shape the industry. The two winners and their institutions receive a range of Sony camera equipment ideal for filmmakers. Winners are flown, along with the shortlist, to Los Angeles for a two-day workshop programme and black-tie awards ceremony.
- The Future Format competition challenges filmmakers to respond to a technical brief. The winner receives $2,500 (USD), a range of Sony camera equipment ideal for filmmakers and is flown, along with the shortlist, to Los Angeles for a two-day workshop programme and black-tie awards ceremony.
- Open to creators and filmmakers from the around the world;
- To enter any of the three competitions you must hold the ownership rights and/or have the permission of the rights holder to the film you are submitting.
Submissions must be between 2 to 5 minutes in length. The deadline for entries is 07:00 AM (CT) December 13, 2022.
Click on the category to apply: