Deutsche Welle (DW) Journalism Traineeship 2024-2025
Deadline: December 14, 2022
Applications are open for the DW Journalism Traineeship 2024-2025. Deutsche Welle is looking for young people from all over the world interested in a comprehensive, exceptional quality journalism programme with an international broadcaster.
Candidates should have journalism experience or be passionate about switching to journalism from law, economics, the sciences or technology/IT. They are looking for open-minded people full of creative ideas. Specifically, they are looking for experts from diverse disciplines. You should also be able to think independently and develop own ideas.
The programme covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs: TV moderation, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media and virtual reality – in seminars, workshops and of course the DW editorial offices and their correspondent bureaux in Washington and Brussels. DW trainees are involved in long-term innovative, international projects and have been honored in past years with the CNN Journalism Award and the Grimme Prize. After the traineeship, the trainees usually continue to work for DW.
- 18 months training
- trainee salary
- international broadcaster in 32 languages
- crossmedia: TV, online and radio
- six months of seminars
- internships in Berlin and Bonn
- placements with DW foreign bureaus
- international multimedia projects
- Engage with well-known media trainers
- Candidates must have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.
- For the bilingual DW traineeship they are looking for:
- native speakers of a DW programme language with excellent knowledge of English and a good knowledge of German;
- English native speakers with a good knowledge of German
- German native speakers with excellent knowledge of English
The application period for DW’s traineeship 2024-2025 runs from November 9 – December 14, 2022.
For more information, visit Journalism Traineeship.