YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa Programme 2023 (Cohort 49, 50, & 51)
Deadline: December 9, 2022
Applications are open for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa Programme 2023. The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is looking for young men and women between the ages of 18 and 35 from Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, DRC, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda who are ready to embrace leadership and work hard to transform their countries.
Selected participants will engage in leadership training in a 4-week residential format with a focus on individual and team leadership skills, innovation, creative learning, and communication. The programme’s emphasis is on interactive and experiential learning which fosters each participant’s ability to contribute both individually and in teams.
Selected participants will engage in leadership training across three tracks of study:
- Business and Entrepreneurship
- Civic Leadership
- Public Management
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa is merit-based and open to young East African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Burundi, Central African Republic. Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda,
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Kenya, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications:
- A demonstrated leadership in public service, business and entrepreneurship, or civic engagement.
- Active engagement in public or community service, volunteerism, or mentorship.
- The ability to work cooperatively in diverse groups and respect the opinions of others.
- Strong social and communication skills.
- An energetic, positive attitude.
- A demonstrated knowledge, interest, and professional experience in the sector/track selected, and
- A commitment to apply leadership skills and training to benefit your country and/or community after the programme.
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The application window for Cohorts 49, 50 & 51 is now OPEN and will close at 5:00 p.m. EAT on December 9, 2022!
For more information, visit YALI RLC.