Mahathir Science Award 2023 for Tropical Agriculture/Architecture & Engineering ($100,000 prize)
Deadline: March 1, 2023
Applications are open for the Mahathir Science Award 2023. The Mahathir Science Award (MSA) is positioned as the world’s most prestigious science award for tropical sciences, and bestowed on any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology.
The categories for the award are Tropical Agriculture, Tropical Architecture and Engineering, Tropical Medicine, and Tropical Natural Resources. It is awarded to the most deserving based on merit. As such, this extends beyond the boundaries of Malaysia in order to encourage excellence in tropical science that will accord direct benefits to countries in the tropics and indirectly to the global community.
The categories for the 2023 Mahathir Science Award are Tropical Agriculture or Tropical Architecture and Engineering.
- One award will be conferred each year. The award carries a cash prize of USD $100,000, a gold medal and a certificate.
- Open to any scientists, institution or organization worldwide in recognition of contributions and innovations towards solving problems in the tropics through science and technology.
- Self nomination will not be considered.
The selection criteria for the Award takes into account:
- The originality of the candidate’s achievement(s)
- The impact of candidate’s achievement(s), including future impact on the Tropics
- The significance of the candidate’s achievement(s) in solving the problems of the tropics by improving the quality of life and contributing to the region’s prosperity
Download the nomination form:
To submit your nomination, email/mail your completed nomination form and required attachments/supporting documents to the Award Secretariat via the contact below by March 1, 2023:
MAHATHIR SCIENCE AWARD FOUNDATION (MSAF)
902-4, Jalan Tun Ismail,
50480 Kuala Lumpur,
Email: [email protected]
For more information, visit Mahathir Science Award.