Call for Applications: Sound Connects Fund in Southern Africa 2023 (up to €70,000)
Deadline: January 15, 2023
Applications for the Sound Connects Fund in Southern Africa 2023 are now open. The Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF), in partnership with Goethe-Institut, invites organisations operating in Southern Africa’s creative and cultural industries to apply for grants within the Sound Connects Fund (SCF).
The fund aims to accelerate development and increase the capacities of practitioners in the region. The SCF is implemented by the Music In Africa Foundation (MIAF) in partnership with Goethe-Institut. It is made possible with funding from the ACP-EU Culture Programme, a project implemented by the Organisation of the African, Caribbean and Pacific States (OACPS) and funded by the European Union (EU).
- The value of the approved grants will range between €45,000 and €70,000.
- The fund seeks to support projects and activities in the cultural and creative sector that:
- Facilitate the rapid production and distribution of high-quality goods within and outside the Southern African region.
- Increase capacities among professionals.
- Support rapid mobility and exchange among creators.
- Enhance access to new markets.
- Develop visual literacy (especially among underrepresented groups).
- Promote advocacy aimed at protecting the interests of creators.
- Support the existence of sustainable financing structures.
- Eligible countries are Angola, Botswana, eSwatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
- The fund supports projects across a wide range of disciplines including, but not limited to, performing arts, visual arts, animation, film, gaming, photography and videography.
- Applications to the Sound Connects Fund can made in both English and Portuguese from organisations based in the eligible countries.