TechBridge Acceleration Programme 2022 (up to $200,000 in equity investment)
Are you a startup addressing African markets solving pressing problems with your innovation and need capital and support to spur your growth? Apply now for the TechBridge Acceleration Programme 2022.
At Techbridge they are not just another accelerator programme. They are a community of startups, knowledge partners and investors aiming to enable your growth and wanting your innovation to succeed to create a broader impact. They provide you with venture-building programmes, peer-learning, knowledge partners, equity investments, and networks. Your journey with TechBridge doesn’t end unless you want to. Post programme, you will join TechBridge Alumni and continue to be a part of a growing community with networking events.
- Support offered through programme coaches, mentors, trainers and experts is tailored for each enterprise based on extensive analysis of the enterprise’s growth gaps and hurdles.
- The TechBridge Accelerator offers an equity based investment opportunity of up to $200,000 for startups meeting its investment criteria. They also provide an opportunities to pitch externally to an international network of investors after 6 months of the programme.
- The programme offers a unique knowledge transfer approach through tailored content from TechBridge’s international knowledge partners.
- Each selected companies will get access to TechBridge’s Hub and desk-space for operations for up to 3 years.
- Access to a vibrant community of founders and professional talents. TechBridge also facilitate introduction to their wide network of industry experts and innovators.
- They compliment knowledge and support through their curated tools and resources designed to fast track your growth.
- They are looking for you the entrepreneur with an innovative solution for African markets that has drive, commercial mindset, ability to implement, and willingness to pivot, adapt and grow.
- They are looking for:
- Product companies with a proven working prototype, launching customers and high customer value to production costs.
- Service and Software: companies with minimum 6 months of customer-based operations and decent customer base and good customer retention.
- Services/software/product companies minimum 6 months of customer-based operations with a solid business model and good customer retention.
- Ready-to-scale – the tech solution is safe to use by thousands of users and can be deployed in a new country with minimal adaptation effort if the conditions for scale are met.
- Clear problem-solution fit – ability to demonstrate that the company solves a problem that is relevant to the East African market with an easy-to-understand solution and clear benefits to users.
- Innovative – it solves a problem in a unique way/ or does so better than what exits
- Proven concept – the tech solution is in the advanced stages of product development (ideally, has already launched a beta), has significant ‘results in the real world and has measurable and
- Impactful – the company has achieved meaningful high-impact indicators linked to 1 or more of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Safe-to-use – the solution is safe to use technically from a code, data privacy and cyber security perspective. (e.g. Open Source or proprietary developed with the founders )
- Meaningful use of technology – the company is able to demonstrate that it creates value through technology
Apply now to join the next accelerator and get venture-building support and up to $200,000 in equity investment. The next cohort will begin in March 2023.
For more information, visit TechBridge.