Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2023 Fellowships for Journalists (Funded to Sweden)
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications are open for the Global Investigative Journalism Conference 2023 Fellowships for Journalists. With the support of sponsors and partners, the 2023 Global Investigative Journalism Conference is offering more than 150 fellowships to both established and promising journalists in developing and transitioning countries, and for journalists from disenfranchised communities, to participate in this prestigious event.
Competition is keen, so you need to convince them that you will make great use of the training that GIJC23 offers. Following the conference, fellows are required to either produce a story directly related to #GIJC23 or give a presentation based on the knowledge you gained at #GIJC23 to your colleagues or the journalism community at-large.
GIJC23 Fellowship includes:
- Round-trip airfare to Gothenburg, Sweden
- Hotel room for four nights
- Transport between Gothenburg-Landvetter Airport and the conference hotel
- Reception dinner
- Breakfast and lunch on conference days
- Award ceremony dinner
- Conference registration fee
NOTE: The fellowship does not include a per diem, visa fees, or transport to and from your home country airport. This is a training conference, and fellows are expected to pay for these costs.
- Open to full-time print, online, television, video, radio, documentary, and multimedia journalists in developing or transitioning countries;
- Experience in investigative or data journalism a plus;
- Western journalists based overseas are not eligible;
- You’ll need a working knowledge of English, as most conference panels and workshops will be conducted in English. Submit your fellowship application in English.
The deadline for application is February 28, 2023. Successful fellows will be notified via email by May 1, 2023.
For more information, visit GIJC23 Fellowship.