Deadline: January 9, 2023
Applications are open for the U.S. Department of State Professional Fellows Programme (PFP) 2023-2024. The Professional Fellows Programme (PFP) for economic empowerment in the Middle East and North Africa is a two-way exchange programme sponsored by the U.S. Department of State.
The programme is designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to strengthening their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development. The programme base is Washington D.C. with Fellowship placements in either Austin Texas, Detroit Michigan or Washington DC. The Fall 2022 programme concluded in November. The Spring 2023 programme will happen from May 1 to June 9, 2023.
- If you are selected as a finalist, Legacy International and the US Department of State will cover all costs associated with your international travel, visa, and basic living costs in the U.S.
- Open to people with strong leadership skills who are early- to mid-career professionals and who are committed to making a lasting positive impact in their communities;
- Be between 25-40 years old at the start of the programme (Fall 2023 or Spring 2024);
- A current citizen and resident of: Algeria, Egypt, Lebanon, Morocco, or Tunisia;
- Speak fluent English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship);
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field ;
- Currently employed;
- Interest in hosting reciprocal programme for Americans in your country;
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community;
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness;
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded programme.
The application will close on Monday, January 9, 2023 at 12:00 PM EST. Applicants will be notified of their status in late February.