Deadline: January 26, 2023
Are you involved in a project or initiative that steers economic or political activity towards the needs of people? Are you putting environmental sustainability at the center? Are you challenging the status quo? Would you like to share your innovative approaches with a community of changemakers and policy specialists – while also learning from them? Apply now for the Young Global Changers Recoupling Awards 2023.
Over the last several decades, we have been witnessing significant economic growth in many parts of the world. At the same time, we are seeing a rise in inequality, an exacerbating climate crisis and a rising sense of disempowerment. This trend can be described as the decoupling of economic prosperity from social prosperity and environmental sustainability.
The Global Solutions Initiative aims to address this trend by generating proposals to better align economic and political activities with environmental sustainability and social prosperity. With the Young Global Changers Recoupling Award they want to honor, and support projects that embody this approach. They want to draw attention to best practices but also learn from them.
All eligible applicants will
- Become members of the extended YGC network
- Receive invitations to GSI events, workshops, contribute to on-going discussions and more
All applicants who qualify to the Top 50 will
- Become a 2023 Yong Global Changer
- Present their project on the Global Solutions website
- Connect with changemakers & experts
- Receive invitations to events and collaborative projects
Award finalists will receive
- Scholarship to participate in the Global Solutions Summit 2023!
- Exclusive networking opportunities
- A chance to present their project in front of jury and an international audience
The three winners will receive
- Prize: €5,000
- Prize: €2,000
- Prize: €1,000
Selected project will have a chance to receive mentoring, training and further support to help improve their project or initiative.
- Young entrepreneurs or innovators who have started or are involved in a leading role in a social enterprise that aims at aligning economic activity with environmental sustainability and social prosperity.
- Young business leaders aiming at changing “business as usual” from the inside (“intrapreneurs”).
- Young non-profit actors, community organizers, advocacy leaders, campaigners, or implementers of social, economic, or environmental change on a local, regional or even on the global level.
- The project, business or initiative that you apply with needs to aim at recoupling, i.e. a better alignment of economic or political activities with social well-being and environmental sustainability.
- The applicant should have a leading position in the project/initiative they are applying with. (e.g. founder, co-founder, project-lead, initiator or a similar role.)
- The applicant needs to be between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Applicants need to be willing and motivated to become active members of a global network which aims at bringing about lasting global change.
- Step 1: Complete the online application form and include all relevant information about your project. There are no costs associated with the application. For a successful submission the following information and material will need to be provided:
- Personal information (name, email address, place of residence, date and place of birth)
- Project information (name of the project, project description, connection to recoupling)
- Upload of the following documents: CV, project description, photo of you, short video (max. 5 min)
- Step 2: The selection and evaluation of the projects will be done by a jury. Of all projects submitted, the best 50 will be presented on the YGC website, a minimum of 10 projects will be selected for the final round in Berlin.
- Step 3: The best initiatives among the finalists will be presented in front of a live jury of experts and a global audience at the Global Solutions Summit 2023 on May 15/16 in Berlin. The pitch can be held digitally or on-site. (It will not be a disadvantage if one of the finalists is not able to attend the summit in Berlin in person.)
For more information, visit YGC Recoupling Awards.