Deadline: February 22, 2023
Applications for the EUI School of Transnational Governance Young African Leaders Programme 2023 are now open. The Young African Leaders Programme (YALP) of the EUI School of Transnational Governance (STG) provides a unique opportunity for aspiring leaders from Africa to further develop their policy work and professional skills amidst international experts and global leaders.
In the dynamic academic environment of the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, selected participants will take part in seminars, trainings and skills development sessions, conferences, and study visits in Europe. Interaction with the other fellows, policymakers and the academic community at the EUI will make this a highly enriching experience.
The Young African Leaders Programme has a duration of 3 months: September to November 2023. During this period, the fellows are expected to commit to the programme full-time. Fellows must reside in the area of Florence for the duration of the fellowship so that they can take an active part in the activities of the EUI-STG and the fellowship (with the possibility of short visits outside Florence and Italy as part of the programme). The fellowship cannot be carried out remotely/ online.
- The basic grant is €2,500 per month. Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI. The amount of the fellowship will be fixed at a lower rate (minimum €1,750 per month) depending on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents).
- If applicable, family allowances will be added to the basic grant.
- Open to mid-career professionals and executives under the age of 35 at the start of the programme on September 1, 2023.
- Women and people with disabilities will exceptionally be considered up to the age of 40 on September 1, 2023.
- Applicants need to be African nationals residing in Africa.
- Applicants must hold a master’s degree or higher qualification. They should be committed to contribute to strategic themes and policy areas relevant to transnational governance.
- Applicants must be fluent in written and spoken English. English language proficiency is required for applicants for whom English is not their first language. The expected level of English proficiency is level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
You need to ensure that your application and all required documents, including the contact details of your referee, are submitted by February 22, 2023 at 15:00 (Italian time, CET) in order for it to be considered.
For more information, visit YALP.