Deadline: March 5, 2023
Applications are open for the Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy 2022 for Young Professionals. The MGG Academy is geared towards highly-qualified young professionals who work in a partner institution of the MGG network or in an institution that is interested in future cooperation.
The Managing Global Governance (MGG) Academy brings together young professionals from government institutions, think tanks and research institutions, civil society and the private sector in rising powers and Europe. The main objective of the course is to support and prepare future change-makers for a professional and personal life dedicated to sustainable development at home and in the world. Building trust, exchanging perspectives and developing a mutual understanding belong to the core assets of the Academy.
The MGG Academy is based on the premise that profound knowledge, leadership qualities as well as visionary action are of core importance for transformative change. The four-month course thus blends academic modules, modules on leadership development and applied project work.
- A global learning journey: Participants explore solutions for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and broaden their perspectives by learning from peers with other sectroal and national backgrounds.
- A dialogue-oriented and interactive approach: The Academy combines a broad range of working methods, including practical experience and participatory approaches, training, lectures and discussions with experts, study trips and peer coaching.
- A life-long network: MGG participants build up intense interpersonal contacts to their peers and have access to the MGG network of institutions.
- Staff qualification with a global perspective: MGG Alumni contribute an international network and a global perspective. They have developed their leadership competencies and possess a profound ability to address global governance issues in their institutions’ work.
- Opportunities for new forms of cooperation on innovative ideas, concepts and projects.
- Partnership in a vibrant global network of institutions from rising powers and Germany/ Europe contributing to the implementation of the 2030 Agenda.
The participants in the MGG Academy are granted a scholarship from the German Federal Government. The scholarship covers the current costs of living, all MGG related costs and travel expenses in Germany and Europe as well as health, personal liability and accident insurances during the training in Germany.
The scholarship ensures an adequate standard of living in Germany. However, it is not sufficient to provide financial support for families or relatives, neither for a visit to Germany, nor at home.
In detail, the scholarship includes:
- participation in all components
- lodging during all stages of the course
- monthly allowances to cover local living costs
- health, accident and personal liability insurances
- monthly ticket for local public transport
- be a national or permanent resident of one of the MGG partner countries (MGG partner country (Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, Mexico, South Africa).
- be 25 – 40 years old (older applicants who have taken longer periods of parental leave may be considered).
- work on issues relevant for sustainable development and global governance.
- have at least three years work experience (non-remunerated experience is also recognised).
- have the support of their employer (written support required as part of application).
- be ready to participate in an intensive fulltime programme (40 weekly working hours).
- have a very good command of the English language (equivalent to B2 level of the CEFR).
- be respectful of other cultures.
- be willing to reflect on collective and individual experiences and competencies.
- be open to a broad variety of working methods.
To prepare your application, carefully read the general information and conditions for participation and fill the application form. The form needs to be signed by you and your employer. Have the filled application form ready when you start to submit your documents:
- Application Form: Part 1 to be filled in and signed by applicant, part 2 to be filled in, signed by employer
- Copy of diplomas or certificates (in English or English translation) with the highest professional qualification and/or university degree
- Curriculum Vitae including publications (if applicable)
- Proof of English language skills
For more information, visit MGG Academy.