Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applications for the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) Global Awards 2023 are open. WIPO Global Awards celebrates exceptional enterprises and individuals making smart use of intellectual property for commercialization while also bringing a positive contribution to society through their innovation and creativity.
The Global Awards programme launched in 2022 is rooted in WIPO’s mission to ensure a world where innovation and creativity from anywhere is supported by intellectual property for the good of everyone.
The Global Awards competition aims to encourage the commercialization of IP assets by rewarding enterprises that make a smart use of intellectual property and to address the need to build a more inclusive global innovation ecosystem, which better harnesses the huge innovative and creative energies of entrepreneurs, youth and women.
- International promotion, recognition, and visibility.
- Travel to Geneva to attend the awards ceremony and other networking events.
- A personalized mentorship programme to achieve new business goals and facilitate access to funding and partnership opportunities.
- Open for self-nomination to applicants from around the world and from all industries.
- SMEs from around the world, active in all sectors of the economy – be that technology, agriculture, the creative industries or beyond can apply. They welcome applications using all forms of IP, ranging from copyright, to trademarks, patents, and geographical indications.
- The nomination process seeks to identify inventors, creators and entrepreneurs using intellectual property (IP) rights to achieve their business goals and whose skills, technological developments, and creative content contribute to progress and improve other people’s lives.
Apply through the online form available in the six UN official languages (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
Participants should explain in particular how they have used IP rights to leverage corporate success, including the economic/social/cultural contribution, and the efforts made to promote gender equality and development challenges.
For more information, visit WIPO Awards.