Deadline: April 28, 2023
Applications are open for the RSTMH Early Career Grants Programme 2023. The overall aim of the Programme is to encourage and inspire the next generation of global health leaders, innovators and professionals by providing the opportunity for them to carry out projects which could improve tropical medicine or global health.
The projects can be on any topic related to tropical medicine and global health, from across the research spectrum of lab, translation, implementation and policy, and should take up to one year.
- The maximum RSTMH Early Career Grant award is £5,000 (including any taxes on relevant purchases) and for up to one year in duration.
- Anyone early in their research career with any nationality based anywhere in the world can apply.
- Only RSTMH members can receive the funding, but anyone can apply.
- If successful, applicants who are not already members of RSTMH will have their membership funded by one of RSTMH partners, or RSTMH will deduct it from their award.
- Candidates should not have received a research grant of £5,000 or more in their own name before. They should be to be able to:
- Carry out research under supervision
- Have the ambition to develop knowledge of research methodologies and discipline
- Have demonstrated a good understanding of a field of study
- Demonstrate the ability to produce data under supervision
- Use critical analysis, evaluation and be able to synthesise new and complex ideas
- Competently explain the outcome of their research and value thereof to colleagues
The application must be supported by two referees, one of which should be a senior member of the employing or affiliated organisation. The other should be the applicant’s direct supervisor for the duration of this project.
References must be on headed paper and must be complete and uploaded to Submittable by the deadline (9am BST on April 28, 2023). Applications without submitted references from both referees will be deemed incomplete and not assessed. Referees should use an institutional email address and not a personal email address to submit their references.
For more information, visit RSTMH Early Career Grants.