Deadline: March 19, 2023
Applications are invited for the World Intellectual Property Day 2023 Video Competition. The WIP Day 2023 Video Competition is an opportunity for you to share your ideas on how an inclusive innovation ecosystem can unleash the ingenuity and creativity of girls and women to build a better tomorrow for the benefit of all.
Show why it is important for girls and women to switch on to intellectual property (IP), and how we all benefit, in a 90-second video and win great prizes!
Under the theme “When women enter the IP universe, we accelerate innovation and creativity and everyone’s a winner,” participants are requested to submit a 90-second video that explores the importance of girls and women switching to IP, and how we all benefit from this.
The video may showcase the creativity and innovation of women inventors, creators, and entrepreneurs, highlighting how IP rights can enable women to make an even greater impact on society and the economy, as well as the collective benefits that rise from participation of a greater number of women in innovation and IP ecosystems.
The winners will receive prizes as follows:
- First Prize: Digital equipment to the maximum value of CHF 5,000
- Second Prize: Digital equipment to the maximum value of CHF 3,000
- Third Prize: Digital equipment to the maximum value of CHF 1,000
- The top 10 winning videos will benefit from training opportunities offered by the WIPO Academy.
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age to enter the competition.
- Individual or group entry submissions (up to 10 group members).
- The video creator holds all the rights to the uploaded video.
- Your video must not have been previously published online, nor have been recognized and/or awarded in another competition.
- The video does not violate any copyright, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, industrial designs, distinctive signs, contractual obligations, or any other intellectual property rights, or other proprietary rights of any third party.
- The video is accompanied by a transcript in any of the following languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, or Spanish.
For more information, visit WIP Day Video Competition.