Deadline: March 19, 2023
Applications are open for the fourth round of Teach for India Fellowship 2023. The Teach for India Fellowship is an opportunity for India’s brightest and most promising individuals, from the nation’s best universities and workplaces, to serve as full-time teachers to children from underserved communities in some of the nation’s most under-resourced schools.
Through this experience of teaching in classrooms and working with key education stakeholders like students, principals and parents, Teach for India Fellows get exposed to the grassroot realities of India’s education system and begin to cultivate the knowledge, skills, and mindsets necessary to attain positions of leadership in education and identify their role in building a wider movement for educational equity in the country.
Fellows transform the life paths of children in their classroom, and in turn, transform themselves towards leadership in educational equity. Fellows are placed as full-time teachers, for 2 years, in government or low-income private schools. They teach English, Mathematics, Science and Social Studies, in English, across Grades 1 to 10. Teach For India Fellows teach on-ground in Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune.
- Teach For India Fellows will be paid a salary of Rs. 20,412 per month.
- If required to relocate from their home city, Fellows will be given a housing allowance ranging from Rs. 5,300 to Rs. 10,000, depending on the city in which they will stay.
- In addition, Fellows will receive an allowance for school supplies.
- You must be an Indian Citizen or an Overseas Citizen of India;
- You must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2023;
- This must be your first application to the 2023 cohort of the Teach for India Fellowship.
The Teach for India Fellowship is a highly selective and coveted programme, with a selectivity rate between 6% and 8.5%. Through the 3-staged process, they select the highest potential candidates into the Fellowship.
- Stage 1: Your application form will help them understand your experiences, your motivations to join Teach for India and why you would be a strong fit for the Fellowship. Once the form is submitted, you must complete a mandatory, 25-minute online test, which focuses on English language abilities. This must be completed within 72 hours after you submit the application form. Your application will be considered complete only after you submit the test.
- Stage 2: After they have reviewed your application form and online test results, they may have some additional questions for you. If so, you will be invited to attend a 30-minute phone interview. They will ask follow-up questions to gather further information that will be helpful in their evaluation.
- Stage 3: If successful in your application or phone interview, they will invite you to the Assessment Centre, which is the final stage of the selection process. At the Assessment Centre you will participate in several activities, which may include teaching a 5-minute lesson, a group activity with other applicants, and a short problem-solving activity. You may also be invited to an hour-long personal interview with a Teach for India community member.
The application deadline is due on March 19, 2023 at 11:59 PM IST. The application outcome and any next steps will be communicated via email by end of day on the mentioned outcome dates.
For more information, see FAQ and visit Teach For India Fellowship.